Re: TTF fonts

You don't have a fonts.scale or fonts.dir file in your fonts directory;
I'm pretty sure you need to.

If you are using XFree86 4.x and a "testing" distribution of Debian, you
can use my doc to very easily install TrueType fonts, and you don't need
a font server to do it (XFree86 4 has built-in support for TrueType
fonts via its loadable modules feature).

  http://www.paulandlesley.org/linux/xfree4_tt.html

There is also a version I wrote for XFree86 3.x, here:

  http://www.paulandlesley.org/linux/debian_tt.html

This requires more steps but it _does_ work.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@baynetworks.com>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools