RE: networking windows and linux

At 06:04 PM 7/6/2001 -0500, Jeremy Gaddis wrote:

>I don't want to start a war here and I've refrained
>from replying to the many other posts, but there are
>many NT machines which go for weeks and months on end
>without being rebooted.

NT is reasonably stable.  A home computer running (e.g., Win98), which is
what the original question is about, is decidedly not.  That being said,
there's no reason not to use smbclient to allow Linux to mount the Windows
shares, which is probably what the original poster wanted to do.

simberg@interglobal.org  * 310 372-7963 (CA) 307 739-1296 (Jackson Hole)
interglobal space lines  * 307 733-1715 (Fax) http://www.interglobal.org