Re: Keyboard Prob

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 09:23:52PM +0100, Keri wrote:
> My keyboard just pooped out in tty2 so I have no idea
> if my configurations are okay , plus I also notcied upon bebooting that it
> does not have "any ports found", now I wonder what this is? Is this why it
> could not find the modem?

It could be anything, if you put it like that.

Is the modem perhaps a "winmodem" or "softmodem"?  Then forget about
using it in linux.  It won't work, get a real modem instead.

These winmodems are a crock.  Intel loves them, because you need a
fast processor.  It saves the modem manufacturer a few cents on
component costs, and requires you to spend considerably more money
on a faster processor.  You lose.  The international-conspiracy-of-
marketeers-to-sell-people-shit-and-get-away-with-it won again.

Cheers,

Joost