Re: Help For Newbie

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 06:33:33PM +0100, Keri wrote:
> To be in root, am I not supposed to be opening it through the apps pull down
> menu in Gnome? And it appears to open and swiftly close itself down but like
> I said, I'm choosing it from the apps menu.

This explains a lot.  Normally in linux, commands are typed in a text
window or on the text console.  Probably, pppconfig should not be in
the graphical menu, it is only confusing indeed.

Try to get used to the command line.  Most examples in the documentation
assume that that is how you use commands.  A good book about learning
unix or linux may not be a bad idea either, if you have to be your own
systems administrator.  Currently, it is still rather harder than easier
to administrate linux with pictures.  If it ever will, I'm not sure if
I will still recognise it, though.  :-)

Cheers,

Joost