dist-upgrade loop error

Hi all:
 Did an apt-get dist-upgrade using testing and at the end had an
error of:

'errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/libstdc++2.10-dev_1%3a2.95.4-
                                  0.010424_i386.deb
/var/cache/apt/archives/libc6-dev_2.2.3-5_i386.deb
E: subprocess /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)'

I then tried to use dpkg to install the first deb, and received:

'Unable to install
package requires libc6 which needs to be configured'

so I did a dpkg configure for libc6 and received:

'Unable to configure
package requires libdb2'

so I did a dpkg configure for libdb2 and received:

'Unable to configure
package requires libc6'

I thought someone had just answered this and went to geocrawler
but I must have missed the answer. Sorry.               Dean