Re: Apt-get

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 05:18:50PM +1000, David & Leanne Wiener wrote:
> When I apt-get an application, the new packages download fine but then
> apt-get unpacks another package that was left from a previous session. This
> package is lilo, I use grub as my boot manager and don't want to change that.

Why don't you try dselect to manage packages?  Just set "apt" as access
method in dselect and it will use apt-get to download the packages
for you.

> How do I stop apt-get from trying to install lilo each time I run it. At the
> moment I just ctrl-c out of it each time

Run apt-get from dselect.  First run update from the dselect menu, then
go to the select screen and unset the lilo selection.  Then run install
from the dselect main menu.

Cheers,

Joost