Re: Bus error on eth0, network card works, but lpr says device or resource busy.

	Subject: Bus error on eth0, network card works, but lpr says device or resource busy.
	Date: Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 03:47:31PM -0600

Quoting Patrick Klee(drwho@futureks.net):
> Hi,
>     I am trying to install Debian Potato, on my PC.  But, when I enable plip
> (parallel port support), I get an error with lpr saying device or resource
> busy.  Now what's weird, is the night before, I was on IRC, and I got a bus
> error on eth0 but the network card works fine.  That happened on redhat.

> Anyone have any ideas?  I might have caught that worm that closes ports and

Only one comes to mind.  From the Kernel Config help file  --

PLIP (parallel port) support
CONFIG_PLIP
  PLIP (Parallel Line Internet Protocol) is used to create a
  reasonably fast mini network consisting of two (or, rarely, more)
  local machines. A PLIP link from a Linux box is a popular means to
  install a Linux distribution on a machine which doesn't have a CDROM
  drive (a minimal system has to be transferred with floppies first).
  The kernels on both machines need to have this PLIP option enabled
  for this to work.

I use parport and friends.  Using PLIP to talk to the printer is a new one for me.

I guess YMMV.
--
USER, n.:
        The word computer professionals use when they mean "idiot."