problem with gcc

a few weeks ago, I enabled bios APM, which has a bug and I didnt knew
about. I had crash, and some files in /lib/something disapeared.

The problem was not  a big deal, because I still compiled my own programs
( which are not a big deal too). Then, once I trie to recompile my kernel
for 486 processor ( I own a 486) and the compilation give some errors like
"undeclared variable   la la la". I bought an old pentium and tried to
compile the kernel in my 486 for a pentium processor and I get the same
results.
how can I update the /lib files ?

regards