Re: how to extract *.deb files, etc.

* Stephen Jiang <stephenjiang@ieee.org> [20010705 18:55]:
> I have found and set to 72 characters as wrap text although I have no
> idea why I am doing this.

Well, the reason is good etiquette. See rationale for 72 character
wrapping here:

  Newsreader/Email line wrap guide <http://www.unixen.org/usenet/sig.html>

You'd be advised to lay off permanently from multipart-alternative mail
as well. Are there people that can only receive HTML mail and not plain
ASCII text? I can read both types from the CLI with Mutt, but I'm not
pleased to waste twice the bandwidth or sanction that behavior---all so
needlessly. Unless I know you personally, I ignore the
multipart-alternative clueless. If you need powerful white space control
get a good MUA and a good editor. Mutt + vim work exceptionally well.
See my headers for URLs. Pax.

   John  [*nix: a tool for every purpose]

--
John Bacalle                                f./vm. +1 212 894 3778 x1057
(slrn:*v****:Tin) (Mutt:v*****:Pine) (GnuPG:v*****:PGP) (GNU:v*****:OSI) N