Re: ogg vorbis

Am 05. Jul, 2001 schwäzte Al Dunn so:

>     I was wondering what the source lines are for installing ogg vorbis
> via apt-get.

If you mean what packages try "apt-cache search vorbis". I've got
vorbis-tools installed. Grip from woody can use oggenc to encode and xmms
from woody can play ogg files. It now even recognizes ogg files streamed
from apache. I added "audio/x-ogg                                     ogg"
to /etc/mime.types on the web server. Don't know if I needed to, but it
works now ;-).

They come from main, so wherever you get the non non-US archives. Use
deb-src instead of deb in /etc/apt/sources.list if you want to grab the
source code.

ciao,

der.hans
--