Re: disk quota

hey, I'm not quota expert, but I played with it
and, to my understanding, you can do that as long
/var/www/user_data is on a separate (ext2) partition;
it works for reiserfs too, but you must pay attention
to the kernel version to apply some patches.
or, if you have your /var/ ,for example, mounted
on a different partition, you can set quota for that
partition, but beware that anything else written on var
as that user counts against quota.
a good document if you don't know how to do it is here:
http://www.io.com/help/linux/Quota.html

good luck!

dragos