Re: [OT] Harassment of open source developer !

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 03:43:56PM -0500, Balbir Thomas wrote:
[snip]

| I would believe the ethical way to deal with [disagreements] is to
| contact [the other party] first

Agreed (with obvious editorial license taken ;-)).

On a better note, a while ago some company contacted John Harper
(author of the window manager "sawmill") and requested that he change
the name to avoid possible confusion with a (unrelated) product of
theirs called sawmill (or something very similar).  There was no
conflict as John conferred with his user base to come up with the
current name "sawfish" instead.  That company (I don't remember who)
did this The Right Way and nobody's feelings were hurt :-).

-D