Re: uudecode files with multiple encoded files

On  4 Jul, Aaron Brashears wrote:
> I have a few files that contain multiple uuencoded files inside of
> them. As it stands uudecode will only decode the first one in the
> file, so I load up the file in an editor and delete the first encoded
> file, and uudecode the larger file again to extract the next uuencoded
> file. This is a pain.
>
> I searched for a good method to do this, but was unable to find
> anything useful. It occurs to me that it might work to use something
> like sed that can have multiple output files, but I don't know of any
> utilities that do this.
>
> Any advice to save time on the edit, uudecode, edit, uudecode cycle?

Take a look at `juju'. Used it all the time when I was using nn.
nn would save all articles into one big file, and juju would happily
chomp through it... Can also work on multiple files in a directory (for
instance a news spool...)

/Michael
--
                  Linux: Turn on...Tune in...Fork out...