uudecode files with multiple encoded files

I have a few files that contain multiple uuencoded files inside of
them. As it stands uudecode will only decode the first one in the
file, so I load up the file in an editor and delete the first encoded
file, and uudecode the larger file again to extract the next uuencoded
file. This is a pain.

I searched for a good method to do this, but was unable to find
anything useful. It occurs to me that it might work to use something
like sed that can have multiple output files, but I don't know of any
utilities that do this.

Any advice to save time on the edit, uudecode, edit, uudecode cycle?