pcmcia nic confuddelment.

I had two machines running Debian, not well, but working together and I
was learning as I went. For all sorts or reasons I had to give my wife
one of the desktop machines and she gave me her laptop.

I partitioned a great chunk of it off and started to install potato from
the cd set I have here. I got to the part about selecting the network
card and got stuck. With the two desktops, I found the cards would work
with "tulip", but I cannot get the nic in the laptop recognised by any
of the options.

What should I select as an option for a D-Link DE660 PCMCIA card

I get the impression from other messages that laptops are trickier than
desktops to set up with linux. Did I just change the gradient on my
learning curve by taking the laptop on?

Keith

| Keith O'Connell                  |     "That which does not kill     |
| Maidstone, Kent (UK)             |      us, usually still hurts.     |
| keith_oconnell@bigfoot.com       |   That's just life, I'm afraid"   |