Re: GTK Errors using GNOME in Testing

On 07/04/01 12:02:24 -0400, D-Man wrote:

> | I did an upgrade tonight and decided to take a look at GNOME after a
> | brief stint with KDE. Anyway, I noticed that things were pretty slow
> | when it came to GNOME-ified apps. The control panel and gmc took their
> | sweet time in launching and moving from section to section under the
> | control panel was equally slow. I decided to take a look at the
>
> I don't know why it would be slow for you.  It is nice and fast for
> me.  I really like GNOME (with Sawfish as window manager).

Same setup, but it seems to have corrected itself overnight. The
upgrade I performed downloaded some 40+ packages, so maybe it was
doing some behind-the-scenes organization for a little while.

> I ignore these.  I see lots of similar messages from a lot of
> GTK/GNOME apps.  They are just warnings, but the app probably ought to
> check the condition first so you don't get the warning.

Normally I would've. I've seen similar messages before, but since this
was a new install, I assumed a cause-and-effect relationship.

> Yes "Enlightened Sound Daemon".  I don't have a sound card in this

Ah, thanks. I wonder why my search for esd didn't turn this up. Oops,
now I know. I searched the package directories instead of the
contents. I must have been more tired than I thought. I've installed
the esound package and the abherrant behavior has ceased.

Thanks for the help!
--
Mark Wagnon <mwagnon1@home.com>