Re: GTK Errors using GNOME in Testing

On 07/04/01 16:34:08 +0200, Joost Kooij wrote:

> > I did an upgrade tonight and decided to take a look at GNOME after a
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Did you use dselect?

well, not dselect exactly, apt-get.

> Well, it's designed to compete with microsoft windows.  Try to follow
> the same hardware specifications.  Or install fvwm.  :-)

;-)

It shouldn't have too many problems runnnig as I have an 800 MHz
Athlon with 256M of RAM. Actually, this morning it seems a LOT
snappier.

> >   /bin/sh: esd: command not found
>
> It expects the package "esd" installed on your system.  If you see these
> messages, there should have been a depends: esd in the package that emits
> these messages.  Instead there is probably just a suggests: esd somewhere.
> If you do not use dselect, you might not have noticed these "details".

Shouldn't APT and dselect get the same results? I though APT was a
front-end to dselect. Well, I found and installed (via APT) the esound
packages and all seems to be well now.

Thanks!
--
Mark Wagnon <mwagnon1@home.com>