Re: Network speed

It was written:
I´m a network engineer for a living, and trust me, the only way to be sure there won´t be something wrong with autodetection is to avoid it.

Setting speed and duplex on _both_ sides of an ethernet link is a Good Thing. Always.

cheers,
&rw

So, I will trust you and will avoid autodetection (autoselect interface) of my 3Com card... 1) How to do it?
2) How can find the (fixed) speed of the other side (avoiding asking the engineers, who are quarrelling
about, what is good what is bad)? So that I can put my side as the same. hvirtane@cc.jyu.fi