Re: Network speed

>On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 06:11:11PM +0300, virtanen wrote:
>> some of our computer engineers are telling me that my debian box
>> ('Potato') ethernet card should be fixed to a static speed (10,5). (Some
>> others are telling just the opposite...)

I´m a network engineer for a living, and trust me, the only way to be
 sure there won´t be something wrong with autodetection is to avoid it.

Setting speed and duplex on _both_ sides of an ethernet link is a Good
 Thing. Always.

cheers,
&rw
--
-- NT is 'more secure' in so far as, if your average cracker screws
-- around with it very much, an NT system tends to remove itself