Re: Network speed

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 06:11:11PM +0300, virtanen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> some of our computer engineers are telling me that my debian box
> ('Potato') ethernet card should be fixed to a static speed (10,5). (Some
> others are telling just the opposite...)
>
> How to do it?
> Where is the configuration file for that?

If you are talking about the physical NIC speed ( 10/100 MB ) then you need to supply
some parameter to your NIC driver module. The file is /etc/modules.conf, you can
find the parameter name and values either in kernel docs or using modinfo program ( read the MAN page :)

--
"That is the truest sign of insanity - insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy."