Sendmail in Woody and Netscape auth

Hi,

I just upgraded my sendmail from Potato to Woody and Netscape
started asking for a username for the mail server.

After searching ( looking or the wrong thing! ) for a few hours I
found a note about turning off mail auth in netscape on this page
http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/auth.html , and I added
user_pref("mail.auth_login", false); to my
.netscape/preferences.js .

That fixed the problem and I can send mail again but I originally
wanted to turn off the auth request in sendmail and I still can't
see how this is done.

Has anyone else had this happen or is it a side effect of of my
particular sendmail setup? If it is common maybe a little note
could go in sendmail's README.Debian.

Here's my sendmail.mc:

divert(0)
include(/usr/share/sendmail/sendmail.cf/m4/cf.m4)
VERSIONID(`@(#)sendmail.mc on trigger by Glenn Ramsey 20010311')
OSTYPE(debian)dnl
LOCAL_CONFIG
define(`SMART_HOST', `smtp:smtp.paradise.net.nz')dnl
FEATURE(`virtusertable', `hash /etc/mail/virtusertable')dnl
FEATURE(`use_cw_file')dnl
FEATURE(`relay_entire_domain')dnl
FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl
FEATURE(`nocanonify')dnl
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')dnl
FEATURE(`nouucp', `reject')dnl
define(`confTO_HOSTSTATUS', `10s')dnl
define(`confME_TOO')dnl
MAILER_DEFINITIONS
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl

LOCAL_CONFIG
MASQUERADE_AS(componic.com)dnl
## Custom configurations below (will be preserved)

Glenn Ramsey <glenn@componic.com>
http://www.componic.com