Re: buying a computer

Faheem-

Since I know you're at UNC, I'll just tell you that I've recently
completed installing debian 2.2r3, over the net, on a CCI machine, which
is an IBM NetVista A40 with a PIII-1Ghz chip in it. Things have gone
pretty well, except that the built-in audio chip doesn't seem to be
supported, so I put a cheap old one in to play music in the
office.  Otherwise, went without a hitch.

Best,
Andy Perrin

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA