buying a computer

Dear people,

I am thinking of replacing my now rather elderly Pentium II 233 Mhz
Digital computer with something new. I am new to Debian, but am very
impressed so far. I am currently running SuSE (6.2 + lots of additions)
and think I will run Debian on my new computer.

I live in North Carolina, US. I am thinking of having it custom-built and
it would be nice to get Debian preloaded. I looked at resellerratings.com.
There seem to be some good small vendors out there. For example,

http://www.envisioncs.net and http://www.minotaur.com/

These both have high ratings, 6.9 and 7.0 at resellerratings.com.

Unfortunately, Envision doesn't support Linux at all. Minotaur does Linux
installations (and even OpenBSD installations) according to their web
site, but unfortunately only Redhat installations. Has anyone ever dealt
with these two places for Linux machines?

My main question is -- can anyone recommend a good firm to custom-build
computers for Linux? It would be a big plus if said firm knows enough to
be able to install Debian on it. I might do a reinstall, but it would be
greatly reassuring to know that it works on the computer in the first
place. I would hate to buy a new computer and find Debian refuses to work
properly on it. That is the stuff of nightmares.

Has anyone bought computers from Dell recently? They do Linux installs
these days, but I don't know how good it is, and it seems to be
exclusively Redhat too. I don't see why there is this big concentration on
Redhat.

If you think you have a good answer to this issue, I would like to hear
about it. Even if you don't, comments/suggestions are more than welcomed.
Thanks.

                                Sincerely, Faheem Mitha.