Re: Multiple Disks to be seen as one

hi ya matt

> If so what is this method called?  I want ot do some experimenting with it.

"raid"
	- probably use stripping so that if you have 2 disks, you have 2x
	capacity ...

"md-tools" in the old dayz

disks are huge nowdayz...( 80Gb for $300 ).... you should think more along
the lines of 1 disk for data.... and 2nd disks for live backup etc... not
necessarily raid mirroring etc...

- be sure your kernel supports "raid"
- define your sw raid with /etc/raidtab
- be sure to export /dev/md0  to your windoze PCs..
- configure /etc/smb.conf for samba so that the windoze PCs can read/write
  into the "big disK"

see the "software-raid HOWTO" and related docs

c ya
alvin
http://www.Linux-Consulting.com/Raid