Re: connect

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 05:32:35AM -0700, Jenner Almanzar wrote:
> Here is my question, how can i connect to a http or
> ftp server using GNU/Linux Debain 2.1 from the prompt?

For ftp, /usr/bin/ftp is the classic tool.  For http, try wget
if you know the exact url, or links if you need a text-mode
browser.

> This is what i'd run for now:
> ftp ftp.us.linux.org
>
> This didn't work!!!

You're not telling what doesn't work => I can't help you.

> So, if there's any instruction on how to do this, let
> me know. I need to download GNU/Linux Debain 2.2r3

It's in the installation manual, I guess.  Get it from somewhere
on www.debian.org, it must be on there somewhere!

Cheers,

Joost