Re: apt-get remove <package>

Hah..

--purge :)

Thanks for the tip. I can understand that a carefully crafted
configuration file is something that you don't want to lose, but there
have been a lot of packages that I just wanted to download and try out
and then removed a few minutes later. ;)

I wish that Debian used /usr/local more, but I guess its a case of where
do you draw the line when deciding if something should be in /usr/bin or
/usr/local/bin. For me, I generally reserve local for stuff that I install
by hand to keep things somewhat sane. FreeBSD uses the local directory a
lot though.....all a matter of taste really.

Thanks for the tip though, I guess if I read through the man files again I
might have picked that up, but I've found that I haven't had to use the
advanced features of apt much, and really...I prefer tarballs anyways for
some masochistic reason. :)

-z-