Re: Time to fight for our beloved DEB format!

Mariusz Przygodzki wrote:
> I am sorry but it will be not work in this case because you may have WP for
> LSB for RH vX, WP for LSB for Debian vX etc. etc (every time the same version
> of WP).

The LSB mandates that specific versions of shared libraries be
installed (right down to the symbols they must export and their
interfaces). Yes, it's really supposed to prevent what you describe.
Time will tell..

(Go read the LSB, folks, before posting more uninformed stuff, 'k?)

--
see shy jo