Re: Speeding up Kernel compiles using make-kpkg

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 02:42:20PM -0500, S.Salman Ahmed uttered:

> Is there any way to pass the "-j <jobs>" option to make when building
> kernels using make-kpkg ?

Read the README for kernel-package.
Make a .kernel-pkg.conf in ~ as the user you compile it as.

steven@broken:~$ grep -i concurr .kernel-pkg.conf
CONCURRENCY_LEVEL := 2

(That passes -j 2 to the make targets)

--
                                                    Steve
  "I'm a sysadmin because I couldn't beat a blind monkey in a coding contest."