Re: [users] dd question

> You are arguing why having root filesystem on $my_pet_fancy_filesystem
> is generally a bad idea.  I agree with you, but it was not the original
> topic of discussion.  :-)

i don't quite understand.

all i am saying is that it's not necessary to save a lilo setup with
dd because it's trivial to reinstall it. especially with windoze in
between messing with the partition table, that is most likely bound to
be more successful.

micros~1: for when quality, reliability, and security
          just aren't that important!