Re: What is state of package installed despite dependencies?

On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 02:06:44PM +0200, Joost Kooij wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 10:14:26PM -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
[snip]

>  [gtoaster problems]
>
> If there is an issue with the quality of the package, file a bug and
> ask the maintainer to do something about it.  Upstreams does something
> broken is not an excuse, but a reason to work around that in the package.

Just for the record, I don't think there's a problem with the original
or the packaging.  During the upgrade the program makes some
non-backward compatible changes.  It asks and warns you before doing
so.  I just happened to want to go backward afterwards.  The only
possible bug would be dpkg -i going part way through an install and
then bailing.  For all I know, that's feature, since dpkg is probably
intended for low level control without training wheels.