Re: An *idea* that *might* put Debian on top (?)

> What keeps me from introducing Linux to my mom, and will for a while, is
> the inevitable "But Tom, can I use this greeting card program?", "Tom,
> how do I run this .exe file my friend sent me?", "Tom, this 'gimp' thing
> is hard and doesn't run my Photoshop plugins, I want Photoshop back.",
> "Tom, how come this ICQ can't do all the stuff it could do in
> Windows??", "Tom, how come I can't use <insert name of Windows-only
> browser plugin>?!" and on and on and on.

well thanks to the efforts of wine ( and if you can afford it/desire it win4lin
or vmware supposed make huge difference I haven't used either though ) in
conjuction with the ever growing hopefully app database that just recently went
online.--this is getting better all the time....and eventually ( until that is
native linux apps become more sophisticated albiet many already are ) depending
on ones needs most all if not all will no longer be necessary....

is it that easy back to your question....course not but its an enticing
option....

besides some of those apps you mention IMO are already plenty sufficient
especially gimp and  icq clones are steadily increasing in valuable
features........

lee
-===