Re: Getting X running on a Dell Latitude LM

I have a Latitude CPi with the NeoMagic 2160 chipset which did not run under
4.0.2, but I am currently using 4.0.3 with no problems. I don't know if the
fix you mention is specifically for the 2070 chipset, if not I would try
4.0.3.

Sorry, I don't know about the 4.1.0.

I found it works best to a minimum install from CD and then use dselect to
update the system and install the latest version of X.

- mike

<snip>

> After reading through the neomagic mailing list on xfree86.org, it
> seems the best solution would be to install either XFree 4.1.0 or
> revert to 3.3.6. (4.0.3, although included in unstable, doesn't
> include the fix.)
>
> I'd prefer updating to 4.1.0, but am not aware of any Debian packages
> that exist. Does anyone know where I could find 4.1.0 .debs?

<snip>