Re: NIS under potato/glibc_2.2

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 08:22:51AM -0500, Andrew Dixon wrote:
> I'm running stable on my laptop using NIS to log into a Red Hat 7.1
> server.  The first thing I'd try is upgrading to 2.2-r3.  As root enter
> the commands:
>
> 	#apt-get update
> 	#apt-get dist-upgrade

I did this. Apparently, my system is at the latest level. Nothing was retrieved
nor installed.

> I bet that does the trick.  Alternatively you could download the .deb
> for libc6 and use dpkg to install it.  I'd stay away from doing this
> though because you could break your system.

Yeah, I'm leary of installing a package in that manner, if at all possible.

> just for completeness here's the info on the libc6 that I'm running:
<snip output>

I checked it against what I get, and it matches mine completely. Your network is
running NIS for domain authentication?

--
/**
 *  @author Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@telocity.com>