NIS under potato/glibc_2.2

I have installed Debian 2.2-r2 on my workstation at the office. I also installed
the NIS package, since our network uses NIS and I want to share the resources on
my machine with my co-workers.

The problem that I'm hitting is that, when I try to log into the machine as any
user other than root, the machine complains about not having GLIBC_2.2, and the
login fails. root has no problems, though.

It's my understanding that 2.2-r2 is GLIBC_2.1, not 2.2. How do I fix this? Any
help is appreciated.

--
/**
 *  @author Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@telocity.com>