Re: where to do iptables setup?

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 07:37:50AM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:

> 	Subject: Re: where to do iptables setup?
> 	Date: Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 02:28:51PM +0530

> Quoting Raghavendra Bhat(ragu@vsnl.com):
> > [Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 10:08:37PM -0500] will :
> >
> > > 	apt-get install ipmasq
> > >
> > > unless i've missed something?
> >
> > Vineet should get a dependency error now.  You
> > have missed 'iptables'.
> >
> > Is my thought process patently wrong ? 'ipmasq' is
> > a package which depends on the basic package
> > 'iptables | ipchains'.
> >

> No, your right, Will has his mind on Newbie things, that all.

my reputation exceeds me, i can see that. :)

on my potato setup it looks for ipchains and if it can't find
it, then it falls back to ipfwadm. i presume that the woody
incarnation looks for iptables and then falls back to ipchains,
right? so whichever firewall rule-munger you've got installed,
ipmasq will use the most advanced one.

based on what i know.

> --
> MICROSOFT: Most Intelligent Customers Realize Our Software is Only
> for Fools and Teenagers.

wonderful, that.

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #11 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>