Re: [users] which NIC driver to use?

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 01:31:56PM +0200, MaD dUCK wrote:
| also sprach John Griffiths (on Fri, 29 Jun 2001 05:49:28PM +0000):
| > I've got an IBM xseries 200 i'm trying to get deb running on
| > the onvoard NIC is confounding me
| > does anyone know which driver module should i be using?
|
| i don't know, but it will most likely be one of the following:

I don't know either.

|   tulip, rtl8139, 8139too, or ne.

These do seem to be the most common, include ne2k-pci in it (the PCI
variant).  I don't remember the model, but a Dell system at work had
a builtin IBM NIC that needed a special module from IBM.  Check at
www.scyld.com (Donald Becker's employer, he made the drivers) and
ibm.com for details on your NIC.  The important info is not what the
NIC can do, but what chipset it uses.

-D