Re: How do you logout of a screen session?

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 08:21:04PM -0700, Ron Bettle wrote:
> Hey im using screen to ease the remote administration of my tribes2 server.
> I figured out how to connect and all. But how do i disconnect? ctrl-c kills
> screen and the tribes2 server. i read man screen. It said C-a is the logout.
> I must be doing something wrong because i couldnt figure that out.

Just to make sure you understand this. "C-a" in this case means "Ctrl-a"
which means to hold the control key down and hit "a"; sometimes you will
see it written like ^a.

At any rate one way to logout from screen is to hit ^d.  The man page
says to use C-a C-d (hold down the Ctrl key and hit "a" and then "d") to
detach screen.  To close out screen and logout C-a DD.

If you use different terminal emulators you may get different results
from these commands.  For example in a gnome-terminal C-a C-d doesn't
work for me but ^d does.  In and xterm C-a C-d works fine.  You will
find out what works for you.

You should take another swing though the manpage.
hth,
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted