Re: where to get samba 2.2.0 for potato

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 08:47:32PM +0200, nico de haer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The subject says it all....
> I'm looking for a .DEB of SAMBA 2.2.0 for POTATO w.o. upgrading libc6.....
> Anyone knows a site where i can download it?

Build it from unstable source.  You might have to install
"libpam-dev" first though.

# apt-get install libpam-dev

Make sure you have an unstable src line in /etc/apt/sources.list

# apt-get update
# cd /usr/src
# apt-get -b source samba

This will create a .deb in /usr/src, install with -
# dpkg -i new_samba.deb
hth,
kent

--