Re: V = I * R and the rest (Re: OT: C++ Newbie and KDE/QT)

joost@topaz.mdcc.cx (Joost Kooij) writes:

> Other people will say that I'm violently wrong

Actually, I'd say you were on crack.  What's a soldering iron going to
teach you that a breadboard couldn't?  And how often will work at that
level help the average coder?  It hasn't in either of the two software
development jobs I've had so far.  More useful have been the symbolic
logic classes (equivalent in many ways to digital circuit design).

The basics are a good thing, but I believe you're taking it a wee bit
too far.  Why not learn to make your own semiconductors from beach
sand while you're at it?

They finally got King Midas, I hear.  Gild by association.