Re: broken dist-upgrade

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 05:03:49PM -0600, Phil Reardon wrote:
> I attempted to "apt-get update, apt-get dist-upgrade", from potato to woody,
> but a few of the larger packages timed out.  Almost all of them however made
> it to /var/cache/apt.  What is the best thing to do next?

Redo "apt-get dist-upgrade", it will attempt to restart the unfinished
downloads at the point where they broke off.  Repeat until all are
complete.

But really, upgrading your dist should be done with dselect.  You can
still do that.  Just use "install" from its main menu to perform the
above, after you've checked the select screen.

Cheers,

Joost