Boot disk doesn't recognize Compaq DL360's RAID controller

Hi.

I'm trying to install Debian on a Compaq Proliant DL360 with the
integrated smart raid controller.

The error message I get is on boot up:

scsi : 0 hosts.
scsi : detaected total.
Partition check:
apm: BIOS not found.
VFS: Cannot open root device 00:00

I am very familiar with Debian (but not with Compaq hardware or hardware
RAID).

My boss would like me to install Redhat (which does install correctly and
recognise the /dev/ida/c0d? devices) but I don't want to, I'd like to
stick with Debian because it's what I am most familar with.

Any ideas?

Adam.