Re: Why is setting up X so arcane?

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 03:43:53PM -0400, David L. Craig wrote:
| So you been using UNIX since 86.  Have you used any PC flavors?

The real question is "has he admined Unix?".  I use Solaris (Sparc) at
school, but I am a mere user, not the admin.  I use and admin Linux
(x86) at home.

There is quite a difference, as I have discovered.  It does help to
have used Unix before trying to admin it so that you know how it is
organized and how to use vi, man, less, etc.

-D