pine and Maildir

Hi,

	I've a box with exim, qpopper and imapd for email services.
	Users can read email through pine, IMP/Horde, or pop3.
	I would like the change over to Maildir format, using lower
footprint servers, since the box is a old p100 machine.
	Questions:

1. can pine use Maildir format, with a site config change
(/etc/pine.conf)? __abandoning__ pine is not possible immediately.

2. since IMP works with imap, just changing the imap server to use
Maildir instead of Mailbox will be enough or do I need to tackle
deeper/harder?

	Thanks for any info/point/docs on this {cha|challe}nge.

[]s,
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21