Re: [OT] Software to draw microprocessor schematics

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 07:25:21PM -0400, D-Man wrote:
<SNIP>
> There is also OrCad.  This is a commercial product that is free for
> student use.  It is really quite good (I used it for my Intro to
> Digital course), but it requires MS Windows.  Maybe it would work
> under wine?  There is another name for it, but I don't remember right
> now.

OrCAD... they had an amusing reaction to my asking about using their
windoze-only products under Linux via vmware.  They didn't actually
say they were opposed to it, but they _strongly_ recommended not
doing it.  Probably has something to do with it locking to the NIC
in the non-dongle versions.  Oh, and it was a dog under vmware.
S   L   O   W

They have (interestingly, since they are owned by Cadence now) also
expressed a complete lack of interest in porting their Capture and
Layout products to Linux/*nix.  Cadence makes some _really_ nice IC
physical layout and verification tools that run/ran on Solaris and
possibly other unices.  Big bucks, mind you.

My $0.02
--
Mike Pfleger

There's seventy brilliant people on earth.
Where are they hiding?
"Yashar" -Cabaret Voltaire (off of "2x45")