Re: How to fetchmail from ISP-b using SSH when ISP-a has socks?

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 05:19:20PM -0700, Robert Cymbala wrote:
> Here's what's in the status file.  Do I need to rebuild?
>
> ~$ awk '/^$/{if (p ~ /^ssh/) {print p, s;}} /^Package:/{p=$2} /^Status:/{s=$0}' /var/lib/dpkg/status
> ssh-nonfree Status: install ok installed
> ssh Status: deinstall ok config-files
> ssh-socks Status: install ok installed

Nice awkin', but I prefer "dpkg -l "*ssh*" myself.

It looks like you're all set with the socksified ssh.  I don't know
why you were having problems with that.  Maybe a socks version issue,
maybe something really stupid (80% of my problems are sheer stupidity).

> > Or even crawling?  The '-v' option to ssh is your friend, and together with
> > the manpages, there's suddenly a whole cosy circle of friends.  ;-)
>
> I'll give that a try too...  as if I weren't already friendly with the

Yes try that first.  Also compare it to the output of similar command
to a host that you can connect to, so you can spot the differences and
maybe deduce a few things from that.

> manpages!   I've also looked at the FAQ for fetchmail.  Maybe
> something is not sinking in.

Lets hope that the problem exists between keyboard and chair, those are
the easiest to solve.  :-)

Cheers,

Joost