Re: wordperfect on linux

This "segmentation fault" problems can at best be attempted by
guess-work. This is  my guess ... could be wrong  ! No harm in
giving it a try.

I had installed  WP8 on my slink box,  and thereafter upgraded
to potato, package  by package  ....  WP8 never  broke in  the
transition. Some of my old lib files are still hanging around.
I vaguely  remember having seen something  about glibc version
in the WP8 docs ....

I  just checked  my box.  I seem  to be  having glibc2.1  (viz
libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1)  from  oldlibs   also  installed.  This
package  contains  an  additional   runtime  library  for  C++
programs built with the gnu/egcs compiler version 1.1.x.

I am not quite sure, but this may give a clue.

USM Bish