Re: Stop apt-get upgrade from messing with fetchmailrc?

Hmm,

Sylpheed doesn't seem to want to include your original post in the reply,
so apologies if this is a little disjointed.
Since the /etc/pcmcia/network script starts as root, it would be a minor
change to just add a 'su fetchmail -c <start-fetchmail-command>' instead
of starting fetchmail as root outright? Does this return to a normal root
shell for the rest of the network script? AFAIK starting fetchmail is the
last thing I do in my pcmcia script, so it would not hurt either way, but
I'm just curious.
I *really* want fetchmail to run only when the pcmcia is plugged in,
otherwise it will overrun my syslog with whining about not finding
mailservers, and I have logcheck running, so those whines will clog up my
inbox (Thank $DEITY for filters).

Mart