Re: OT: Laptop modem and 10/100 ethernet card recommendations

On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 08:24:48PM -0500, S.Salman Ahmed wrote:

I haven't bought a laptop before but my inclination is to get the one
that you will use the most.  For example if you will mostly be
connected to an ethernet LAN and rarely using the modem directly then
get the ethernet card internal and have the modem separate.  Also
check the specs closely so you know whether they will work or not :-).
The other two things to consider are (a) price difference between
combo NIC+modem and buying the NIC and modem as separate devices and
(b) how much space is in the laptop and how much do you want hooked up
simultaneously.

HTH,
-D