OT: Laptop modem and 10/100 ethernet card recommendations

I am planning on purchasing a Dell Inspirion 8000 laptop, to run Linux
of course!

Since Dell allows customization of a laptop's configuration, I am not
sure what type of modem and 10/100 card to choose.

Should I go for a separate modem and a separate 10/100 card ?

Or should I choose a combo 10/100 card + modem ? The combo 10/100+56k
modem choices from Dell are:

Xircom Realport 10/100+56K Combo PC Card
Mini PCI 56K+10/100 Modem

The only separate 10/100 ethernet card they offer is the Xircom 10/100
Ethernet II PC Card.

The separate modems they offer are:

56K Capable GoldCard Global Modem
Xircom Cardbus 56K WinGlobal Modem (sounds like a WinModem)
56K Capable Internal Modem (no other info provided by Dell)

Not having purchased a laptop before, I am not sure whether I should go
for a combo 10/100+56k card or separate modem and ethernet cards.

Any advice/info appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Salman Ahmed