Re: MySQL

Juan wrote:

After install MySQL sever/client debian packages, is it ready for use? I mean, am I have to configure it?

TIA

Juan José Velázquez Garcia
Web Development
www.htmlspider.com.br

It should be ready to go. You can find a decent little beginner's tutorial (if you need it) at: http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/MySQL/Intro/

A couple of notes about the tutorial:

Ignore Part 1, Step 1 on page 2; you don't need to telnet into a mySql server since you're already at the console (presumably).

In Part 1, Step 2 where you're told to use the "devshed" database, you don't have a "devshed" database, but you should be able to use "test". (Don't confuse this database "test" with the table "test" that you create on about page 3).